A story of Peter Erot from Kenya, Africa
Peter Erot heard God’s call on his life. He states, “I was a really bad person. I was arrogant and could not hear anything from any other person who corrected my mistakes.” Peter recalls that he used to fight others and attend places which were not conducive to a Christian lifestyle. “I was rude, proud, and I used to brag on myself a lot.” Although he found a church to attend when he was twelve years old, he openly received Christ in his heart a few years later. Peter shared his struggle when he states, “I prayed so much to God so that He could not shame me.” As he began to share his testimony with his former friends, he notes “they could not believe, instead they started mocking me saying that it was only words. The good thing is that the more I prayed hard, the more my faith was strengthened.” In 1994 Peter heard the call of God to evangelization. He states, “I started preaching…and many people were saved.” He shares his words of appreciation for Spring of Hope Bible School which impacted his ministry, “I am also grateful for the chance that God gave me when I joined Spring of Hope Bible School. This is a place where I have learned a lot of things which I could not have learned without our teacher’s guidance.”
Since Peter responded to the call of God, he evangelizes his community but has passion for others to follow God’s call. He hopes the Bible School becomes a place where people can earn not only a Diploma, but a Master’s Degree. He writes, “Our teachers provide education to us so we can grow both spiritually and mentally.” Peter’s prayer is that God will continue to bless the Bible School and many lives will be changed.
Will you join us in praying for Peter as he continues to prepare for ministry and reaches his world for Christ?
FREE METHODIST CHURCH OF KENYA
November to December 2016
These two month have been so busy for me. There were two important functions that took place, those being two annual conferences were held. First, Let me begin by sharing about the Highlands conference that was held in Mombasa from 22nd through 26th November 2016. The conference gave an opportunity to reflect on what had happened within the year and come up with way forward for the coming year. Second, the same opportunity took place with the Trans African conference that was held in Kaimosi in Western Kenya from 30th November, 2016 to 4th December 2016. In both conferences delegates to the general conference were elected. I also had opportunity to attend Spring of Hope Bible School committee meeting and the high school that is opening on 10th January 2017. We thank the Lord for ICCM for the great effort to see to it that this dream comes to reality. We are excited to see this school opening doors and growing to higher heights. Briefly I may say that the two months have been of travelling but I am thankful to the Lord for travelling mercies, provision and protection. Our theme for the year 2017 is embracing the great commission by being witnesses Act1:8. It is our prayer that the Lord shall enable us to reach out to many and witness to them.
- Pray that all our church members shall embrace our theme and put it into practice and impact more people to Christ
- Pray for our church, church members and our country during this election year that the will of God may prevail and that the right leaders be elected.
- Pray for the anticipated general conference
- Pray for the leadership of the Church for wisdom and guidance of the Lord.
- Pray for provision for funds to run our programs during this year 2017 that is administrative fund, Bible school, pastors retreat among others
- Pray for the High school to pick up well and for ICCM as they seek the funding to complete the construction and funds for running the school
- Pray for our missionaries’ that the Lord may provide for them as they partner with us.
- Pray with me on the burden I have on putting up ministry center at Karen.
Written by Bishop Hawkins Mugaya
Edited By Thom Cahill